What the Society does
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY IS FIGHTING FOR LIFE
The Canadian Cancer Society saves lives. The Society has more impact against more cancers in more communities than any other organization. Funds raised by donors and volunteers allow us to:
- LEAD cancer research to better prevent cancer.
- INFLUENCE public policy for quality cancer care everywhere in Canada.
- FOCUS support programs on patients/caregivers’ greatest needs.
- ENGAGE more Canadians in the fight against cancers.
The Canadian Cancer Society is your best partner in the fight against cancer.
As Canada’s longest standing and most trusted cancer charity, the Canadian Cancer Society has been making a difference in the lives of Canadians for over 75 years. We are a national, community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
By taking a stand against cancer, we work to:
- Save lives. Our researchers continue to discover new information that is transforming diagnosis and treatment.
- Stop cancer before it starts. Our researchers are leading the way to find ways to prevent cancer while we promote healthy lifestyles and advocate for policies that protect the public.
- Ensure no one faces cancer alone. We offer community services and support to those living with cancer and their families and friends.
- Empower Canadians. We provide credible information on cancer to help them make informed choices about their health.
Visit www.cancer.ca or call 1-888-939-3333 for information about cancer, our services, to make a donation or volunteer.
Because of you...
Please take a moment to read our annual impact report to see how the gifts you give have made a difference.